You Are Reading

OUGD602: Personal Branding // Identity Development

You may have seen some illustrations of a boat in a previous post, which was an idea for my visual identity. However, I've discarded that route, due to it's lack of diversity. I've moved in a different direction...

I've been working to creating a visual identity which has more of a personal approach. Using my name rather than a symbol – in some way, shape or form. Using my name as I'm an individual not a business.


I experimented with my initials, my name and using my second name with a phrase to make something which sounded different, such as 'white out', a play on my second name, which is 'White'. I also tried using 'by Anthony White'. The idea was it to be almost like signing my work, as you would a work of art. 


Which then lead me to try using my signature, which is an A, a larger version of a lower case 'a', which I use when I write my name. Which then leads into a horizontal line, waved to create a W.

Using the signature creates a unique and personal, individual to me. Signatures are also used when signing contracts, binding your name to something with assurance. Which could suggest that I'm a believer in the work and what I do, and I'm happy to bind my name to it. 


Spacing, for consistency. 

Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.